12/10/06

That Girl



This weekend TVLand had a "That Girl" Marathon. I have not seen this show in years. I love this show! I can hear the theme song now: "Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes, That Girl Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime... Is That Girl She's tinsel on a tree... She's everything that every girl should be! Sable, Popcorn, White Wine, That Girl Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway... Is That Girl She's mine alone, but luckily for you... If you find a girl to love, Only one girl to love, Then she'll be That Girl too... That Girl!" When we lived in Indiana , I used to watch this show when I was little and got to stay home sick. Even though I was too young to know anything about fashion or being a single woman and living in New York City, I thought this show was fabulous! Ann Marie (Marlo Thomas) was so cute and she had the most beautiful clothes. I have one coat, That Girl had one for every outfit! Her hair was styled in this amazing flip, her makeup was perfect. And she had the greatest boyfriend, Donald Hollinger (Ted Bessel). Cute, smart and so attentive. I still have a bit a of a crush on him. (Sadly he died in 1996.) Staying home from school was considered fun. I would get to lay on the couch, eating peanut butter toast and watching tv. That Girl was my favorite but I also liked Bewitched and Father's Knows Best. Those were great shows.

What shows did you get to watch when you stayed home sick?

1 comment:

Krista said...

We only had three channels, and only two of them came in very clearly, so I never got to watch a lot of the shows you and Chris did. And during the day those channels only showed news and soap operas. Poor me!