3/2/07

A Real Tear Jerker



Have you seen the new Pedigree Commercial? David Duchovny (X-Files Fame) is the narrator. It starts with pictures of different dogs in an animal shelter and the narrator is talking from the dog’s point of view. He says things like: I know how to sit, I know how to roll over, I know I am a good dog. What I don’t know is why I am here”. And that is when the tears start. I am crying right now just thinking about it. I have seen this commercial many times and I still cry EVERY time I see it (or think about it I guess!). I think it is because in all the years that I have been volunteering for animal rescue, I have seen this too many times. Perfectly wonderful, sweet, loving, loyal dogs (and cats) who get dumped for a myriad of stupid reasons. And because there so many dogs, (4 million dogs end up in animal shelters every year)less than half get adopted.

Are you looking for ways to help?

If you are looking for a pet, please check out the animal shelter in your area first. There are tons of loving animals look for good homes.

If you have a pet, PLEASE have them spayed or neutered.

If you have the means, donate to a rescue or humane society in your area.

There is a ton of information out there about what you can do help solve the pet over population problem and adopting. A good basic place to start is http://pedigree.com/home.asp

1 comment:

Krista said...

Amen!

(Is that Otto? So cute!)