8/8/07

I am finally done!

So, I finally finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I was so sad when it was over. No more Harry Potter. I am not sure what it was about the books that I loved so much. The magic? The way JK Rowling described everything so when the movies came out you exclaimed “I knew that is what it looked like!” Or maybe it was the loyalty and friendship threads that were woven in every book. My favorite character was always Sirius Black. Of course he didn’t show up until the third book and then promptly died at the end of the 5th one but I loved his character. I also liked Hagrid because I could see a tiny glimmer of myself in him-his love of all creatures even if they weren’t all that cute and cuddle (Sorry Hagrid, I can’t agree with you on Aragog. Yuck!) Dumbledore who was so incredibly funny. And Snape. I always thought he got a bad rap up – well until the 6th book where I really could not believe he was so evil-but in the 7th book we really know what happened and it made me love him. I think I always liked Snape because of the movies, I so love Alan Rickman!

Well, if you haven’t read the last Harry Potter book, you should. It is the best out of the 7. I am listening to it on CD right now during my commute. A great way to spend 45 minutes!

No comments: