8/11/08

Mamma Mia! (A Review)



You know my love of cheesey 70s music and the epitome of cheesy 70's music for me is ABBA. I love ABBA. I always have. One of my favorite movies "Muriel's Wedding" has a soundtrack comprised of almost all ABBA songs. Check it out. It features Toni Collete before her big roles.

So when I found out they were doing a musical based on the music of ABBA called "Mamma Mia" I was so excited! Not that I ever thought I would get to go to Broadway to see it, but I hoped they would make a movie. AND THEY TOTALLY DID! I went with a friend to see it on Saturday and I LOVED IT!! In fact I want to go see it again! ("J" you name the time and day and I am so there! Oh and "M.A." if you haven't seen it yet, I am there with you too!!)

First, the scenery is just breath taking. But what suprised me was how good Meryl Streep sings! Amanda Seyfried is beautiful. Julie Walters and Christine Baranski were hysterical. Now, Pierce Brosnan left a bit to be desired singing wise but I still loved it! Plus, the man is damn good looking along with Colin Firth so who cares about the singing! Actually Colin Firth was pretty good. Then add Dominic Cooper without a shirt, HOLY CRAP! Seriously though, I think what made the movie is that they did not pick "singers". They picked actors. And it works.

So, I am off to lip sync Waterloo and Mamma Mia while I vacuum. I know, I live on the edge.

No comments: