7/9/09

1 Hit Wonders

I am so tired this morning. Why you ask? Because last night I got sucked in to watching 100 1 Hit Wonders of the 80’s on VH1 Classic. As a child of the 80’s I am pretty fascinated with anything from that era. I mean I lived it, so I like seeing things from when I was growing up For instance, parachute pants (yes, I had 2 pairs!), jazz shoes, 500 rubber bracelets, bug huge earrings…yep I had it all. And then there were the music videos. To me, still the best music ever. But I guess everyone feels that way no matter era they were a product of…

So last night I could not tear myself away from them! Here were a few of the highlights:

I Ran – A Flock of Seagulls (I saw them in concert at Duke University. Fantastic!)
I Want Candy – Bow Wow Wow
Take On Me – Aha
Shake you Down – Gregory Abbott (Still like this song)
Beat So Lonely – Charlie Sexton (I don’t think I have heard this song since 1985)
They Don’t Know – Tracey Ullman (A goofy song but seriously good!)
True - Spandau Ballet
Beds are Burning – Midnight Oil (A seriously great song)
Buffalo Stance – Neneh Cherry
Video Killed the Radio Star – Buggles (The first video I ever saw, and not on MTV mind you, and still a great tune to sing a long to)
Genius of Love – Tom Tom Club (Complete “Genuis”!)
I Know What Boys Like – The Waitresses
Under the Milky Way – The Church (Still sounds amazing)
Wouldn’t It Be Good - Nick Kershaw
Voices Carry – Til Tuesday (Ok , who didn’t want to stand up in the middle of a crowded theater and sing “Hush, Hush…)

So if you were a child of the 80’s rush over to vh1.com and look for VH1 Classics. You can watch all 100 videos. You won’t be sorry. Just don’t stay up too late! ;-)

No comments: