10/31/06

Boo!

Tonight is Halloween and I have big plans..I am going trick or treating with my nieces, brother, sister-in-law and my dog Chloe. Ah, yes. This is Chloe’s first Halloween dressed up. I am sure she will be thinking that the other 9 Halloweens of no costumes went just fine thank you very much. But this year we are doing something different. My niece Mallory was going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and Phoebe would be the lion. Chloe was going to be Glinda the Good Witch at Mallory’s request. I bought her a pink tutu and a pink ruffle collar and we were all set. And then Mallory decided that she wanted to be a ballerina. WHAT? So I thought that maybe Chloe did not need to be dressed up after all. But no, Chloe is going as the “Pet Ballerina”. Hopefully I will get some good pictures to post! At least the costume I put together still works!


Reminiscing:
I was a witch for every Halloween until I was about 9 or 10. I had the same costume EVERY YEAR. The hem was let down as I grew and that was that. I never got to be a princess or a ballerina or a bride. Someone made me a witch costume and that was that. And that really was fine. In my opinion I was a bit luckier than my brother, he was a clown for a long time. I don’t like clowns. But the one thing I did love doing was making my trick or treat bag. My mom would get us some Halloween stickers and a brown paper grocery bag and my brother and I would decorate them. We would spend hours on them. I can still remember one year I had black cat stickers from Hallmark to use. I have so many happy memories of Halloween and trick or treating with my brother. I think that is why I love going over to his house and trick or treating with his kids. It kind of reminds me of the “old days”.

No comments: