12/14/06

Christmas Past


Some of my favorite things from Christmas Past

1. When we went to bed on Christmas Eve, we did so in new pajamas!

2. That restless feeling you got when you went to bed knowing that when you woke Santa would have been there!

3. Going through my stocking. That is still my favorite part of Christmas morning.

4. That my mom put the puppy ornament that I made in preschool on the front of the tree. (And she still does! Right next to the Chris Radko’s!)

5. Seeing all the wrapped presents and wondering what was in them.

6. Going to United Fabrics (that was our Hallmark store back then) with my brother and dad to pick out an ornament for my mom. We bought her a tin Santa one year and a teapot with a Squirrel inside another year. She still hangs those too!

7. Decorating our Christmas tree as we watched whatever Christmas special was on the year.

8. Singing for Santa Claus at the Wiglia Celebration at my great-grandma’s house. After we sang loud enough, Santa would come and pass out everyone’s presents. Just fabulous.

9. All the Christmas crafts we used to make in school.

10. I hate to admit it (because I used to complain constantly) but hanging the 20 or more strings of lights on our old Christmas tree. My mom and I would act so goofy. It was fun.

No comments: