12/18/06

"I am not a cook"!


That’s right. I said it. I am a terrible cook. Well, maybe not TERRIBLE but not incredibly good. Partly, it is because I haven’t had a lot of practice. Even when I was married my ex was always the cook, and he was good. Another part of it is that I don’t have a lot of patience for cooking. All the prep work drives me nuts. The gathering of ingredients, the chopping, the measuring, you get my drift. I would rather throw a sandwich together, garnish with some potato chips and Wala! dinner!

With the holidays approaching, there is always a flurry of cooking activity at my mom and dad’s. My mom is always baking cookies or bread or something. It is tradition that one Sunday in December we all get together at my parent’s house and make pierogi. (About 20 dozen. That is a lot of pierogi.) I am the filler and the crimper. I am good at this. But ask me to mix up the dough or the filling NO WAY! I will mess it up for sure. No question. And then there is Christmas Eve dinner where everyone helps out and brings the side dishes or the dessert. I ALWAYS bring hash brown casserole. It is good and it is the one thing that I can make without fail. But this year, I guess everyone is tired of hash brown casserole because I have been asked to bring the rolls. Yep, the rolls. That is definitely what people ask the bad cook to bring when the bad cook asks “Can I bring something”? So, I am going to buy crescent rolls and try not to burn them. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Good luck! :)

I like the hashbrown casserole, myself!