12/20/06

Oswald, welcome to the tribe!

Well, I have a new cat. He picked me, I did not go out and actively look for a new cat. He is an orange tabby with a white stripe under each eye. I have decided to name him Oswald.

He has been hanging out in my yard/carport for several weeks, but yesterday was the first time he let me get within 2 feet of him. He seems really sweet and I can tell he wants to let me pet him but he is just to wary right now. My next course of action is to distribute flyers to make sure that he is not owned by someone. I really doubt it but I have to try. We tend to get stray animals out where I live. It is rural enough for people to leave animals out there (that is how we got Bunnie) but Target is right down the road. Once I have determined that he is not owned I will try and trap him so he can be neutered and have shots. I am not a person that likes to leave my animals outside to the elements. However, in the case of my now 2 cats, this is what they want. Well at least I know that is how Flounder likes it. So, I do the best I can to provide shelter for them. In the winter I have beds and fleece cubes etc for them to sleep in and there is access to the laundry room if they want to get in there. I also have a dog house that is full of cedar chips that they like to burrow in. I spend time with them each night, especially Flounder who likes to be pet…well sometimes. I can't wait to see what Oswald's personality is like. So far I know he likes to eat. ALOT!

So, Oswald welcome to the tribe! I love you already! I hope to post pictures soon.

No comments: