1/2/07

Happy New Year

Well, it is the New Year and time for those resolutions. I always make resolutions and sometimes I stick to some of them. But this year I am going to try to stick to all of them. I think the secret is not to go over board. Don’t say you are going to lose 100 pounds if your heart is not in it or that you are going to save a million dollars if you don’t have the means.

So here are my resolutions for 2007:

1. I am going to treat my house with more respect. What does that mean? Well, I am going to work really hard at keeping things cleaner and more organized. I know it won’t be perfect but I am going to make the effort. I will try and keep the yard up and looking nice and the car port cleaned up.

2. I am going to be better with my finances. This is a tall order. I know that I won’t be perfect but I will definitely try harder to keep my finances in order. I have had this same resolution since my ex moved out and I have made huge strides! But I can’t be lax so I added it this year as well.

3. I will make more time to volunteer. I have not been volunteering at the pet adoption events like I used to so I am going to try and start doing more of that. Also, I think I might look for some new ways to volunteer.

4. I will be more mindful of my actions and their impact on the environment. I have really become serious about recycling (thanks for taking all my stuff dad!) and trying to make my house more energy efficient and use less electricity. I will try to make my yard more wildlife friendly (outside the fence of course) and welcoming to all critters!

5. I will be a better person. I will try and be more patient, more kind, more loyal, more helpful and more loving to my friends and family.

6. I will try and be happy. I will try and not let the little things get me down and make me unhappy.

7. I will try and do more fun things/training with the dogs. They are such good fuzzies and I need to more fun stuff with them. Trust me, they get enough attention but I am going to try and take them on more walks, more little car rides (not just to the vet) just fun stuff.

8. I will try and be healthier. This includes things like drinking more water, making better food choices etc. I know that I will still eat French fries and pizza but maybe I will throw some salad and fruits in there!

9. I will eat at home more. I rely way too much on take out!

10. In the effort to organize, I will get rid of all the things that I don’t need or that don’t make me happy.

Well that is a short list. I hope that I can accomplish all of these things and maybe more! Good luck on your resolutions!

No comments: