2/23/07

A Few More of My Favoite Things



Wade Whimsies: I just discovered these in a box of Red Rose Tea. I LOVE THEM! They are cute and right up my alley. They have been around for a while, I think since the 1950's and are made by Wade Pottery. Wade Pottery has been around since the 1800's and made/makes all kinds of items. So, now I am on a mission to collect the Whimsies! Ebay here I come!






French Fries: My favorite food! I like crinkle cut, skinny, steak fries, natural fries, seasoned, plain...I like them with ketchup or ranch dressing or just a little salt. I think the best fast food french fries are McDonalds or Steak and Shake. In the triangle area, Snoopy's or Hayes Barton. I know they aren't good for me but I need something! :-)



Naps: Nothing is better than a Saturday afternoon nap. Especially on a rainy, cold day. The dogs and I get all comfy and take a little siesta. I think places of employment should offer nap rooms. Some place where the employees can go on their lunch break and take a nap if they want. All you need is a few recliners, an alarm clock and people can bring their own pillows and blankets. Think how much more productive we would be if we had a 45 minute nap at 12:30 p.m.? Yes, a nap room is a good idea. I need one right now!


Cordless phones that have multiple handsets but only need one phone jak: Whoever figured this out is a GENIUS! I live in an old house and there are only 2 phone jaks in the whole house. So until I stumbled upon this item, I had to carry my cordless phone all over the house with me. So half the time I would forget to put it back in the charger so I couldn't use it, or I would put it somewhere and forget where it was. Now, if my phone rings and I am in the kitchen, boom, there is my phone! Fabulous!


Gift cards: This is one of my favorite presents to get. I love being able to go to a store and get something without having to have money or use a credit card. I never have money and this lets me get something I WANT instead of using all my money for what I NEED (dog food, medicine, gas for the car etc) which is what I usually do. Some people find them impersonal but I think it is a nice gift. I never have to worry about if the recipient will like the present I got them. They will because they picked it out!
Well that is the list for today! What is your favorite thing today?


No comments: