3/29/07

O Possum!

















A few nights ago I had let the dogs out and when I went to call them in, Bunnie kept ignoring me. She was lying in the middle of the yard staring at a tree. Weird I thought. So I grabbed a flashlight, put shoes on and went out to investigate. I thought maybe her knees were bothering her and I would need to carry her in. A daunting task considering that she weighs about 60 pounds! Well I went out and she was in this weird trance so I looked where she was looking and the picture above is what I saw. A HUGE opossum. It scared the crap out of me because the tree is not that tall so we were pretty close to one another. Of course after I recovered from the shock of seeing a opossum this close and getting Bunnie inside, I had to get the camera. He was not to happy about it, but I thought he posed well. I love the wildlife!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yikes, that would freak me out too!

Good picture!