8/9/07

How many points is that?

Well, I joined Weight Watchers (again) today. The last time I joined was in 2003. I did pretty well losing almost 40lbs but I ended up quitting in 2004. Oh and yes put all 40 pounds BACK on. Why you ask? Did it become too hard? Was I tired of going to meetings? Was I bored? Nope. None of those. It got too hard to count points and worry about what I was eating when I was dealing with my ex-husband deciding to leave me for someone he met while playing a fantasy role playing on the internet. Oh, and I was jobless having just been laid off. Can you say “good times”? Yep. Real great. I am finally to the point now where I can look back and not want to crawl into bed and never come out, but I digress. This is about Weight Watchers!

I am not sure what has spurred me to do this now. Well, except that every time I go to buy something to wear I have to get a bigger size and this concerns me. I mean let’s face it. I am fat. Trust me, I don’t overlook that fact. And really losing weight is more about me being healthy than looking good. I am pretty comfortable with myself...NOW! That was not always the case. But I feel ready this time. And to celebrate, I am having dinner at Bojangles. Yep, bring on the chicken tenders, sauce, fries, biscuit and ice tea. It will be a long time before those items cross my lips again. See, I can’t just have a little taste and be satisfied. Which is odd because there are some foods that I can. Like M&M’s. I think you can have 10 M&M’s for 2 points or something like that. Well, I can eat 10 M&M’s and be satisfied but I can not eat 2 French fries and be ok. I HAVE TO EAT THEM ALL! So, I have to cut them out and tell myself I can eat them once a month or something. I have to set limits.

Well, wish me luck. Now it is off to the grocery store with my POINTS calculator for things like grapes, reduced fat cheese and wheat bread. Yeah for me!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Good luck! You can do it, and maybe you'll inspire me again too!

Char said...

Hi. I'm just a random reader, been reading your blog for a while but never commented before.
Just wanted to let you know my sister has had great success with Weight Watchers and I wish the best of luck to you.