8/15/07

Please Welcome Fred Weasley and other random ramblings

Well, "we" have a new cat. He is a grey tabby. I have some funny pictures of him but have not gotten them off my camera yet, so when I do I will post them. He is another little guy that just showed up hungry and kind of beat up. He has been at the house for a while so I finally broke down, scraped up some money and took him to the vet. I ended up spending $88 which I really didn't have but I did find out that he was a neutered male, about 3-4 years old, and has a notch out of his ear because at one time he was feral. He also got a rabies shot, treated for ear mites and a distemper shot. Unfortuantely, Flounder HATES him. Everytime Flounder passes him he hisses. I try and spend time with both of them so no one is jealous but I guess I am not doing a good job. I really didn't want another cat but he is such a sweetie and I wanted to make sure that at least he was well fed and vaccinated. It is the best I could do. Oh, I named him Fred Weasley as a tribute to a character in the Harry Potter books. He is a pretty cute guy.

Tomorrow is my first weigh in at Weight Watchers and if I don;t do well I am going to be sad. I have not had a Mountain Dew for a week and I have the caffine headache to prove it, so I had better have lost some weight or I am going right out for a big Mountain Dew and french fries with a side of Dairy Queen! :-)

On a serious note, I am feeling a bit down in the dumps lately. Not sure what is bringing that on except that it does happen every now and again regardless of my meds. I just feel like crying all the time and I have to concentrate on not crying. I know it just happens to me sometimes, so I just work through it, but it is a challenge. I don't tell anyone anymore (oh gee except I just told the 3 people who read this!) because I feel a bit ridiculous. Oh well. I think I am over the big hill and on the down side.

Songs on my MP3 player while writing this blog: 3 Is A Magic Number, Slip Slidin'Away, Ashes By Now, High Enough, Different Corner, You Are The Everything and Hey Jack Kerouak. Who sings High Enough you ask? Damn Yankees! :-)

1 comment:

Krista said...

I am sorry you are feeling down and hope you feel better soon. Maybe it's the awful weather! Good luck at WW today!