9/24/07

Dancing with the Stars

Yep, it is that time of year again. Time for Dancing with the Stars. I LOVE THIS SHOW! For so many reasons. Seeing these "stars" learning how to dance is just a hoot. I say "stars" because I have only heard of a few of them. The costumes are simply amazing and I love the voting aspect.

What annoys me about the show is the music. The singers sing these weird songs to ballroom dance to. For instance, someone just Cha Cha Cha-ed to the Pussycat Dolls. WHAT? You don;t Cha Cha to the Pussycat Dolls. The second thing that annoys me are the people who make fun of the people who have not done so well. Ballroom dancing is HARD. How do I know? I took 2 semesters in college and performed the Tango at a dance show. Yes, my parents drove to Greensboro to watch me(bless them) and no, I can't still do a good Tango. Now a Polka yes. The swing absolutely. I might even be able to pull off a waltz. But that is about it. These dances are hard. To learn these complicated steps in such a short period of time is tough. And most of these stars have day jobs. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that ballroom dancing is brain surgery but what I am saying is give them a break.

So on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8-9:30 call me during commercials! haha..no seriously. HAHa!

No comments: