9/25/07

So, I have a few complaints.

Me, Complain? Well, maybe not complaints but there are 2 things that are really bugging me. So, maybe if I jump up on my soap box it will make me feel better.

The first thing is people who insist on watering their grass during a drought. Now, I am not talking about people who have a new house and need to water their new lawn. I mean the people who insist on having a green looking lawn. Here is the deal. WE ARE IN A SERIOUS DROUGHT! If you don't believe me or the news, just drive on highway 98 and check out Falls Lake-Raleigh's water source. It is scary just how low it is. There is a section that is just all grass and mud. IT USED TO BE WATER. I am a homeowner and I understand that your lawn is part of the curb appeal. An investment in your property. But I think having water to drink, cook with and take a shower is more important. I don't know maybe it is just me.

The second thing is the whole Michael Vick situation. There are people out there who are outraged that he just might never play football again. All over a bunch of animals. Who cares what he did to the dogs when their are humans suffering. They are just picking on him because he is rich and people are jealous. I mean it isn't like he committed a crime. YES HE DID!!..ARE YOU PEOPLE KIDDING ME?!? Now, first let me say that I do think we need to concentrate on the human suffering in this country, but not in lieu of animal suffering. WE need to concentrate on suffering, period. There is a great quote by Gandhi that says the greatness of a country can be judged by how it treats it animals. If we aren't kind to animals why would we be kind to our fellow man? Dog fighting is disgusting. No matter how you feel about dogs or animals, what they do is just wrong. Have any of these people saying it is just a dog, seen a pit that has been used for fighting? Well I have and it is one of the saddest things I have seen. Michael Vick admitted to killing his pits that didn't fight well by wetting them down and electrocuting them as well as strangulation. I mean how do you do that to a living thing? Disgusting. Dog fighting is cruel, disgusting and not a sport. Why would you want to watch that? I heard a great guy on NPR today and he said I am a black man and I love my dog. He said people are saying that dog fighting is a black thing and he did not agree. And I don't agree that it is a "black thing" either. It isn't something that only black people do. It is something that humans do. It is a human thing and it has to stop. And I don't give a crap about how great a football player he was/is. He committed a crime. He admits to it. And now he will have to pay the price for that crime. And everyone who commits a crime, whether against humans or animals should pay for their crime. They shouldn't get a break because they are rich or famous or white or black or green. Everyone has a right to fair trial and I hope that Mr. Vick gets one if it goes that far. Because when he does get his punishment, I don't want anyone to say he got railroaded.

Ok, so now I can move on. And give my 3 rescue dogs a great big hug, an extra treat and more space on my bed.

2 comments:

Catz said...

I agree with you completely! He deserves every bit of nasty he gets!
Nice blog and thank you for visiting Miss Lucy's Escapades - sorry it has taken me so long to return the gesture. Lucy has reminded me that I have been to busy to keep her blog up and I have promised to rectify that situation! Please call again. And could I add your blog to our links?

MomofK9s said...

Hi! You can add the blog to your link if you would like. And if I ever figure out how to add links to mine can I do the same? Miss Lucy is too cute AND I started to read the Catz blog but I am at work and well should probably work! I will read tonight. I LOVE WOLVES!

Great blogs!