10/22/07

The long awaited blog

Well, maybe not long awaited. I have no idea if anyone will be interested in my trip but here it is in pictures! Well, sort of...




So, here is the main part of the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, North Carolina. It is the original section that opened in 1913. It was restored to it's original glory at the end of the 20th century. They still have many of the original furnishings which were done in the Arts & Crafts Style(some call it Mission Style)- my favorite! Gorgeous isn't it?



And here is the view from my room. Really fabulous right? (HaHa) They are building luxury condominiums or so I was told. Kinda too close for my liking.



Ok, here is a better view. This was taken from one of the windows in the Sammons Wing.



Cookie had a good time!

All in all I survived and had a bit of a good time, with a little help from my friends. Thanks A and C! Just remember, we stick together and no one gets left behind! Oh and "it is so pretty up there,we had a great time right"? RIGHT!(ha ha) And the Very Berry Tini at Elaine's was FABULOUS!!

The dogs were just fine without me as I knew they would be. But it sure was nice to get home and they were so excited to see me! That made me feel pretty good. There is nothing better that arriving home to 3 very excited fuzzies who just want your attention. Ah...I am loved! :-)

5 comments:

Krista said...

Gorgeous pics! Glad Cookie had fun too! (Ha!)

Melanie said...

I'm glad everything went well!

Char said...

Glad to hear you had "a bit of a good time". Looks like a lovely place, nice pictures.

Catz said...

Looks like a really nice place. I hope that you met some nice people and that you didn't feel uncomfortable the whole time.

Catz said...

Hmmmm... I've been to Ashville several times. Nice area. I used to have friends who lived there. Have you been in that area long? You might have known them.