2/14/08

Mr. Darcy


(And YES! I am STILL on the Jane Austen thing!)
But seriously, I feel a little crazy. Crazier than usual you ask? Yes, because I have become obsessed with a movie. The movie is Pride and Prejudice with Matthew Macfadyen as Fitzwilliam Darcy. I can't stop watching it. Maybe obsessed is a strong word. I don't think about it all day or leave work early to watch it. But, when I want to turn on the tv, I find myself always turning on that movie. I mean it hasn't left the dvd player in quite a while. I think it is partly because in my mind, it is the perfect love story. And if I am being completely honest, who could get tired of watching Matthew Macfadyen? I think he is just to die for! But he plays Darcy so well. He makes Darcy seem likable, sympathetic, caring, soft and well, human. Colin Firth (whom I love) really shows no emotion when playing Mr. Darcy. In the end, when they (Jennifer Ehl) both profess their love for one another, it is just...flat. But, when Matthew Macfadyen is walking toward Kiera Knightly in that early morning scene where they tell each other they love the other?...Holy Crap! I mean even I get butterflies! I guess in some way, I wish there was a Mr. Darcy for me. Someone who would "ardently love me". It wouldn't hurt for him to look like Mr. Macfadyen either! But I am perfectly happy in my little green house with my three fuzzy dogs, 1 cat and a feral cat colony...oh gee I hope I am not turning into the crazy cat lady! :-) I guess there are worse thing to be.
I am going to be so busy this weekend, I won't have time to watch movies. Maybe that will break the Pride & Prejudice spell. I don't know but I think I have worn out my dvd. It is a good thing I have a back up! ;-)

3 comments:

Catz said...

*lol* Yep I loved that movie as well. I think it is the way it is filmed that makes it even more appealing. It kind of slowly takes you on this love affair. Crazy cat lady??? NEVER
Crazy dog lady - maybe *lol*

MomofK9s said...

Catz-

The crazy dog lady is a FACT! :-)

I got a Valentine Yesterday! Thanks so much. It was my only one that I got in the mail!

Catz said...

Hey tonight I bought myself a valentine... a bunch of very expensive make - up from an exclusive store... can you believe that?
The only person I got a card from besides my aunt is this guy who wants to date me and doesn't have a hope in hell.