4/23/08

Merry Earth Day!

Yesterday was Earth Day and of course every one on TV had a story about it. What you can do to save the environment, ways to reduce your carbon foot print…and the like. I am glad that everyone is thinking about it today. The problem is that everyone needs to think about it ALL THE TIME.

I have read over some of my past posts about what I am going to do to help save the Earth. And I have to say that I am fairly proud of the fact that I have kept up with a lot of my “promises”. Of course there is room for improvement, especially when it comes to reusable bags. But I am vigilant about unplugging things when not in use, trying to conserve water and changing all of my light bulbs over.

But now there is a whole other realm of things that I never thought about, that worries me. The environmental safety of my shampoo, tooth paste etc. I mean it all goes down the drain, and thus in to the ground water. So if you know of a good eco friendly shampoo, that I don;t have to buy online, please let me know.

Something else that I never thought about was how to make my pets "green". Here is a cool link to that info:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/03/how-to-green-your-pet.php

Hmm... I wonder how Bunnie, Chloe and Otto will feel about new hemp beds?

1 comment:

Krista said...

You can find "eco friendly" shampoo, etc., at Whole Foods -- maybe at Earthfare too.