6/4/08

He is just not that in to you.

So, I have been divorced for almost 3 years. Honestly it seems like 10 years but parts of it have been fairly difficult so that is understandable. But now I am starting to get the "So, are you dating" question. And I just look like a deer caught in headlights and change the subject. I am not sure why this freaks me out. Oh, wait; I know exactly why it does! Frankly, dating is a pain in the ass. I know, I know it can be wonderful and great and birdies and flowers in a field but not for me.

Maybe I haven't met the right person but I am tired of waiting. Not only that but I wasted (trust me, wasted is the right word)11 years of my 38 with Mr. WRONG. Mr. Wrong convinced me that I was unattractive, lazy, inconsiderate, selfish, and well, stupid. Now, I know all those things and everything else that he said wasn't true BUT knowing and believing are 2 different things. Now I am not trying to get sympathy because I am fairly happy with the status quo. But, there is always that teeny tiny part of me that wants a Valentine or dinner (sushi please!)and a movie on Saturday night. But the actual thought of having to go some where with someone I don't know is enough to make me get under the quilt on my bed and not come out for at least a week. I tried the online thing for a short time but it just wasn't for me. I want Fitzwilliam Darcy or Don Hollinger (if you don't know who they are, google please!)and instead I was contacted by Mr. "I'm Too Sexy for Everyone". Which also lead me to want to ask "So why don't you post a picture? It was exhausting. All of my friends are married most with kids so it isn't like I have some pals to go out with. Plus trolling the bars just isn't my thing.

So, if you know Don Hollinger or Mr. Drcy feel free to give him my number. Otherwise, it is another Saturday night with Netflix and 13 Cheese Doodles for 3 points!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I feel for you, I can't even begin to fathom having to go on a date again. If I run across any guys I think would be worthy of you, I'll let you know!

But now the sushi thing... Yay! I didn't know you liked, not a lot of people do. When we finally do get together for lunch I know where we're going! :-)

Susie

Catz said...

Hey ... sorry I have not had much time so haven't been keeping up. However, this one is one I agree with you on totally. Dating sucks big time... trust me on this one. I think you are smart to hide under the covers ... it's a jungle out there in more ways than one.