7/24/08

Now that's Karma

In an effort to start living a simple life (that is a whole other post!) I have been going through all of my stuff one little section at a time. The first section was my jewelry. I don’t have a lot of “fine” jewelry. What I do have is mostly from my ex-husband. So, I decided to get rid of the bad karma and sell it or pawn it. During my lunch hour I went to visit the local pawn shop in the town where I work. The guy was nice and told me he would give me $60 for a garnet bracelet, gold wedding band, gold cladaugh sun, moon, stars pin and cross. All of these are at least 10k gold. I am not doing it so much for the money but for the principle of it, the ridding the house of the bad karma, but then I think the bracelet is worth $75 on it's own! So, I thanked him and I decided to try and sell them on ebay first. If they don’t sell than I will take them back to the pawn shop. At least I know how much I will get. So after that I decided to go get some comfort food (Bojangle’s. YUM!). This whole ordeal has been bringing back thoughts that I don’t want, and in an effort to “get over it” for today,
I decided to do a big Weight Watchers no-no and use food as my security blanket. As I am turning left, I look over at the car in the next lane who is waiting to turn left, and I will give you one guess who it was. Yep, the ex-husband. So, as I sat in Bojangle’s I wondered what it meant. I mean he lives in this area and I have not run in to him in over a year so how odd that I should see him on this particular day. So as I ponder the universe and it’s connections and randomness, let me know if you want to buy a gold bracelet with garnets! It really is pretty!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Whoa, that's weird.

Garnets are my birthstone...but I don't think I want the bracelet either!