11/28/06

Christmas Songs



As I sit here looking at my tree and watching A Charlie Brown Christmas, I thought about all of my favorite Christmas songs. Here are a few:

The "Peanuts" Song from A Charlie Brown Christmas. You know the one. It goes " Dadaaa Dadaa Dada Da Da....


White Christmas by Bing Crosby - A Classic

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLaughlin * A great version.

A Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives * This reminds me of being a kid and watching Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer with my brother. We used to wait for the Christmas specials every year. A Year Without a Santa Claus is another favorite. That was the one with the Heat Miser and Freeze Miser. Fabulous!

O Holy Night - Martina McBride * I really like all of the versions of this. But hers is especially pretty.

Last Christmas - Wham * Reminds me of teen angst years.."Last Christmas I gave you my heart, and the very next day you gave it away"...so sad. Can't you just see the 14 year old girl pining for the cute senior...

The Chipmunk Song * The Chipmunks... I hope that one of them got the HULA HOOOPPP

The song from the Grinch.."You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch. You really are a heel. You're as cuddly as a cactus, You're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch.."

I'll Be Home for Christmas * I always get teary with this one.

And my All Time Favorite: Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano. This has always been my favorite. I am not sure why. I guess because it is upbeat and snappy and I just love it.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?

1 comment:

HSlink said...

Santa baby by Madonna and all I want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus!And Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry. All of them make me smile and isn't that what Christmas is all about!