1/24/07

Squeak Goes Home

For those of you who have been following my saga with Squeak (the kitten I found) I thought I would let you know how it all ended last night.

I found Squeak hungry and scared in my car port about 3 weeks ago. I could tell he had lived with someone because he was so loving and friendly. I took him in and let him live in the laundry room that is off of my car port. With three dogs in the house there was no way that Squeak could come in and Flounder my outside cat was not really fond of him so I had to keep him in there. Plus, he did not act extremely street savy so I worried about him getting in to the road. I posted to the Found Board at Animal Control that I had found him and where.

So each morning and night I would go out several times to visit him, clean his litter box, feed him and play with him. I loved this cat and I would have kept him but I thought it was unfair since he loved to be with people so much, he really needed to be inside. So I contacted the rescue that I volunteer with and they said they would take him as soon as there was space. So 2 weeks or more went by with no room for Squeak. Yesterday I contacted another rescue who said they would take him after he was neutered. I had an appointment to have Squeak neutered on January 30th through a lost cost spay/neuter program. So everything was moving along.

Then yesterday I got a call from a lady who said her neighbor had lost a kitten around Christmas. She had decided to go to Wake County Animal Control’s website and check the found ads. She saw mine and thought maybe this was her neighbor’s cat since we lived so close to one another. She told me she had no idea what made her think of going there. She just did it. I described Squeak as best I could and said that she thought it was their cat, could she give them my phone number. OF COURSE!! So to make long story short a very nice man named Roger came over and took Squeak home. He was their cat!

Yesterday was just one of those days where for a split second, everything in the world is aligned just right. Now Squeak is safe at home with his family and I feel so happy. I prayed for a positive outcome to this situation and I certainly got what I prayed for. I think the Lord works on mysterious ways!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Yay for Squeak! So glad his family found him and he's back home! I'm sure they were very grateful to you for taking such good care of him.