3/13/08

Beary Lucky Indeed


As I have stated here before, I have issues with depression (yes, I take anti depressants. Sorry Tom Cruise, you just don’t get it!) And some days my coping mechanisms are off. Monday and Tuesday happened to be two of those days. I won‘t go in to why but suffice it to say, it was several random things that when put together was too much for me. So I drove home from work and pet sitting and was pretty down. When I walked in the door there was a beautifully wrapped box with my name on it! (My dad brought it in when he went to let my dogs out). I had no idea who it was from so I opened it up! The box was from Build a Bear and was beautifully colored. Inside was a note that said this person was “Beary Lucky” to have me as a friend and also inside was a bear covered in shamrocks. It was from my best friend “J”.

I have known “J” since college. We lost touch for a few years after graduation. Then one day out of the blue I got a call from her, and she said that she was moving to Wake Forest. We went out to dinner and it was like we had never been apart! We have been through a lot together through the years. But the most amazing thing about J and I is that without saying a word, we just know what the other person is feeling. We know what the other needs. It might be a card in the mail or a message on the answering machine. It wasn’t the fact that J bought me something, it was the fact that she was at work, thought of me, had her sweet kiddos color the box and dropped it off at my house.

So J, if you are reading this, know that I love you. You mean the world to me and I am the lucky one to have YOU for a friend.

With Love,

Regina Phalange
(And no, I am not going to explain that!) :-)
And then when I thought my day could not get any better, my niece M called me to say that she wanted me to come over! I was feeling pretty special at that point! I mean it is not every day that a 6 year old wants to hang out with you, the old auntie.
So I am beary luck indeed to have my family, my friends, and my dogs. What more is there?

3 comments:

Krista said...

That's very sweet! The bear is very cute too!

Catz said...

Hey that is the cutest bear ever. I am Irish I hope someone gives me one for St. Patrick's day!
Hope you are feeling better my friend.

Melanie said...

Very cute bear - and what a great friend you have too!