3/17/08

For the love of paper...


If you know me, you know I have a love affair with paper. Which is odd since I am "Don't print that! Save a Tree" at work. For some reason I (selfishly) view my note card, notebook, journal obsession differently. I am not sure why. I mean I know they are made out of paper. I know that paper is made out of tree parts. So, here I am, recycling chip board (IE: cereal boxes, dog biscuit boxes, Little Debbie boxes...YES, I EAT THE SMORE ONES!) writing lists on the back of back of junk mail, going online and requesting that I get all my bill statements via email, taking my bags to the store so as not to use paper or plastic...yet I have stacks of note cards and the like.


As an example, I have been spring cleaning (I know don't pass out from shock) and when I cleaned off the kitchen table I found 7 spiral notebooks (polar bear ones, dog ones and even a plain one), 2 spiral journals, 7 note pads and 2 things of post it notes. Now I didn't buy all of these, some were given to me and some were left over from a function I was at and no one took them (No one took a note pad. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!). I stroll the aisles of Target looking for that clearance sticker on hot pink note cards with green trim. School supply season can send me in a swoon over the latest and greatest Trapper Keeper like notebooks. (Ah...the Trapper Keeper, genius) I love the idea of a blank note book and what it can become...a home for the millions of stickers that I think are too cute to use, or somewhere to write my thoughts and feelings. A place to make my infamous lists: shopping lists, list of groceries, lists of things to look up on the net, lists of books to look for, a place to doodle curlicues in different color Sharpie. I think it is the possibility of what it could be.


So, I guess I will continue my recycling habits and I will try to curb my desire for more notebook, paper and the like. And if you see a cute journal....

1 comment:

Krista said...

I have a solution for you! Recycled book journals:

http://www.bookjournals.com