5/21/08

Parachute Pants and Swatches

So, today I feel old. This whole thing started because Duran Duran is in town tonight and an old friend contacted me to go. I can’t (tickets are way expensive) but it has been nice to be back in touch and to think about all the things we did. So yesterday at work I was talking about re-connecting with S which led to a conversation about the 80’s. One of my co-workers (whom I love dearly) requested to see pictures of me from my high school years. So, I went home and pulled out a few. I had several thoughts:

1. Why did I always have BIG hair? I am not saying it wasn’t cute or in style, just BIG and fluffy and curly (thanks to a perm I had to have every few weeks).

2. I didn’t realize it then but I was quite stylish! Thanks mom for buying me all those Esprit clothes!

3. What was up with all the necklaces? I wore a lot of them all at one time, not to mention lots of rubber bracelets.

4. No matter what anyone says my black parachute pants were WAY COOL! Oh as well as white nylons with socks and my jazz shoes.

5. Why did I find it necessary to wear more than one Swatch Watch at a time? I mean really.

6. Tight rolled jeans. Need I say more?

7. Popped Collars, so stylish!

8. Big Earrings. That is all.

The weird thing is it doesn’t seem like all this happened over 20 years ago. Where did the time go? I have no idea. But if I could go back I would STILL wear those Esprit paint splattered cropped pants with zippers on the bottom!

1 comment:

Catz said...

Great post!